7 years ago today.

7 years ago today I was in this room, my 10th grade biology classroom at Linganore High School, sitting right where that stool on the left is. I was working on a DNA lab when Mr. Sunkel came in and told my teacher, Ms. Boring, about everything. We weren't able to hear any details until we got out into the hallway after the bell rang because this room didn't have a TV at the time and our teacher wanted us to finish, nobody had realized the severity of what had happened yet.  The principal sent out a memo saying all TV's must be off- no watching the news- so when I got to my next class we were only able to watch for a few moments. I remember clearly seeing my favorite teacher in the vice principal's face explaining how important it is for us to be watching this, "its history, they need to see it," he said, but the  those in charge couldn't be convinced.  I was worried about my Dad; he works at a military base in Baltimore, I still didn't know for sure what was going on. I was hearing many different things, many of which turned out to not be true. Thankfully, my band teacher pulled me aside to tell me my dad was alright, my sister had gotten a hold of him and he was on his way to pick us up and take us home. Many f-16s flew over on our way home; they tear through the sky like scissors through paper, it was incredibly loud. My mom hugged me with tears in her eyes as we got home- It felt so right to be home; the 5 of us sat together for the rest of the day and into the night, watching the news.